Performs setup, calibration, maintenance and operation of machining equipment, including computer numerically controlled equipment, to make complex precise cuts, bends, alignments and forms of requisite materials. Cross-trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, MDI programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including computer numerically controlled vertical/horizontal grinders, computer numerically controlled 4 axis milling machines, lathes, brakes, shears, grinders, drill presses, and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies.
• Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
• Computes dimensions and tolerances. Measures and lays out work pieces. Calculates and sets controls to regulate various machine factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance. Confers with Engineer/CNC Programmer to develop and troubleshoot part programs. Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
• Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, bore gauges and micrometers.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• Able to remove stripped/broken bolts, remove and replace threaded inserts and heli-coils from engine components.
• Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Strong mathematical aptitude.
• Understand GD&T. Proficient with G-code and Microsoft Excel.
• Basic understanding on one or more of the following; robot, CMM, CAD, CAM, or PLC.
• General Programming Language; C+, VB, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes, metallurgy and heat treating.
• Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, electricity and pneumatics.
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and SDS labels.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
• Attainment of trade certification.
• Ability to work day shift, evening shift, or weekend shift, as required.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.