Manages, plans, directs and coordinates overall business unit to conform with established goals and objectives. Achieves objectives by developing and maintaining a competent management team engaged in production planning and control, scheduling, materiel control, facilities maintenance, quality control activities, as well as, staff development and employee relations. Initiates and supports continuous improvement of operational processes and support activities.
• Oversees and participates in the development of performance, efficiency and product quality standards for all production cells/service operations and may include supply cells. Provides guidance to production managers regarding the coordination of business unit standards with overall company objectives.
• Coordinates and liaises with quality assurance, engineering, materiel, customer service, sales, finance, etc. to resolve difficult or continuing problems and ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
• Monitors and analyzes output, cycle times, routings, labor, quality, staffing, facility usage, budget, financial performance, etc. for all cells/service operations and oversees and participates in the resolution of problems or reinforcement of positive findings.
• Conducts regular capacity planning of equipment, floorspace and manpower required based on forecast arisings.
• Participates in strategic business planning activities for manpower, equipment and facilities to achieve forecast sales levels.
• Conducts studies to ensure the business unit operations continue to operate in a cost-effective manner as technological, legal, regulatory, policy and product changes are implemented.
• Controls production costs by setting production standards and implementing methods improvements and cost saving programs. Plans and directs changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
• Formulates, recommends and implements policies and programs to guide the corporation in maintaining and improving the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
• Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Rolls-Royce T56 series III/IV, AE2100 and/or GE F110, J85 experience preferred.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), SAP and Oracle.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• Ability to understand, follow, interpret and apply company instructions, company processes, administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or a related discipline (CIM, CPIM, APICS); or equivalent.
• Several years of experience in an operational leadership role with delivered and sustainable results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.