Provides administrative support to the logistics transportation processes that support sales, purchasing, export compliance, accounting functions of the company, and USN CAVS/CAVAF application systems.
Specific Accountabilities and Accountabilities
• Coordinates all shipments in a cost-effective manner in order to achieve customer requirements.
• Arranges space allocations on airlines and ground shipments with appropriate carriers.
• Ensures all required documentation is created, filed and retained for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Ensures both the auditing and payment of all freight invoices is handled in both a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Assists in the tracking and tracing of shipments, coordination of the exceptions and communication of these exceptions, with alternate delivery plans, to internal and external customers.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Ability to work in as part of a team as well as individually
• Carries out special duties as assigned.
• Good planning, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems. Experience with government systems a plus (CAV/CAVAF).
• Basic knowledge of logistics, shipping and receiving.
• Ability to read and understand related company instructions and company processes.
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to type 30-45 WPM
• Working knowledge of a warehouse and transportation environment.
• Experience with international trade export & import, hazmat and DOT requirements as it relates to transportation a plus.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.