Manages and coordinates a GE F110 Turbine Engine Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul shop that includes derivatives of the F110 engine as well as new engine assembly with required output and quality standards. Provides leadership and planning on day-to-day production objectives, scheduling, material usage, budgets, manpower and equipment resources.
• Directs the production planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, sales mix, inventory requirements and materials availability.
• Plans day-to-day operations, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
• Monitors production yields on a daily basis; makes adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules.
• Coordinates and liaises with production, supply, sales, engineering, quality and customer service to ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals.
• Performs capacity planning for equipment, floor space and manpower requirements in accordance with forecasted workload.
• Builds and develops team approaches to problem solving and continuous improvement concepts within the assigned area.
• Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance-related strengths and weaknesses within the cell.
• Monitors, controls and reports on the cell's capital expenditures in relation to budgeted amounts.
• Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the cell.
• Actively participates in the business unit management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• May perform cell production tasks as required, depending on cell size and technical qualifications.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow company instructions, company processes, administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance regulations.
• Extensive Product knowledge on General Electric (GE) military category after-burning engine platforms with a strong preference on GE F110 engines.
• College diploma in engineering, business administration or related discipline.
• Several years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.