Responsible for establishing and achieving the strategic, operational and financial objective of a specific program within the business unit. Develops and manages customer sales relationships and actively provides or coordinates parts supply services to meet customers’ requirements. Participates in the development and implementation of niche sales and service strategies to achieve business growth objectives. Plans and manages the vendor base and materials sourcing activity in accordance with the strategic business plan objectives, customer requirements and macro level materials requirements plan. Presents materials procurement opportunities for shared evaluation with the management team. Initiates vendor development activities that will provide a better value to the corporation from the vendor base.
• Prepares, generates and distributes quotations, order acknowledgements and invoices for parts sales.
• Receives, evaluates and responds to customer inquiries for products and services.
• Coordinates with the management team to develop sales terms and conditions, customer relationship development methodologies, procurement terms and conditions, vendor development methodologies, and negotiation techniques.
• Participates in the discussion, development and implementation of sales and procurement policies and documents those policies and procedures in the corporate quality systems.
• Ensures that all regulatory, contractual, U.S. export, and technical requirements are systematically met when evaluating materiel procurement opportunities, evaluating alternative materiel sources, and qualifying new component repair suppliers.
• Ensures appropriate engineering and materials staffing is available to assist in the evaluation of sourcing initiatives.
• Analyses materials sources and strategically directs the mix of new, surplus, overhauled, and repairable materiel, as well as the selection of repair and overhaul vendors.
• Participates in valuation and payback analysis of potential procurement opportunities; exhibits an understanding of complex materiel/financial situations.
• Develops and presents proposals for parts supply services, including provision of consignment inventory to customers, management of customers’ inventory on consignment, materials requirements planning services, and technical materials interchangeability support.
• Creates a strategic plan for the development of the corporate vendor base for materiel supply; protects the information security of the vendor base from competitors.
• Develops and negotiates new vendor agreements and contracts or one-time procurement transactions.
• Responsible for the maintenance of accurate and complete customer and vendor files; initiates customer credit checks and monitors accounts receivables status; initiates the vendor qualification or one-time approval process.
• Monitors and reports on measures of performance including size of customer base, sales volume per customer, status of customer accounts receivables, size of vendor base for each program, ability to procure materiel in accordance with macro materiel requirements plan, procurement price performance, quality of materiel procured, and payback status of procurement lots.
• Maintains control of negotiated sales or procurement contracts and communicates results to appropriate corporate personnel.
• Actively participates in the corporate management team, assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes; represents materials management function in corporate strategic discussions.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
• Strong product knowledge, including engine applications, technical knowledge of maintenance characteristics, familiarity with assemblies, modules, subassemblies and individual components, and familiarity with product Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/technical manuals.
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of company instructions and export compliance.
• College degree in business administration or a related discipline (PMAC, APICS, CIM); or equivalent.
• Experience in a sales, purchasing, negotiations, and/or related management role in an aerospace environment.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.