Directs and coordinates kitting process at a business unit or cluster level; including planning, control and scheduling of Engine/Module Kit and components to meet Kitting Plan requirements as set out in the engine assembly process. Coordinates with all departments to ensure that all component repairs, subcontracts, exchanges, and parts orders arrive to meet the Kit dates for each engine. Ensures kitting equipment and procedures are effectively utilized and maintained ensuring the preparation and distribution of fully kitted engines.
• Acts as a liaison between production, engineering, and customer service to control, and adjust if necessary, the kitting schedule.
• Advises management of the status of engine kits in progress, material availability and routine production problems to ensure that, equipment, and materials are provided as needed.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date kit status sheets for the tracking of engine kits.
• Maintains kitting tracking board to ensure it accurately reflects current forecasts, job-flow and monthly throughput.
• Monitors pacing items and follows up and expedites directly with the vendor (external) or cell leader (internal) for all kit components. Kit components include exchanges, subcontracts, backorders, internal repairs, and accessories.
• Establishes methods to meet kitting schedules and coordinates activities with other departments and/or sub-contractors to meet customer requirements.
• Monitors work in process to ensure it conforms to instructions, contract specifications, production and quality standards.
• Coordinates the daily activities of kitting staff throughout various activities including preparation, assembly and distribution. Provides instruction, information and prioritizes kitting work schedules.
• Ensures proper placement of routed and purchased components onto the engine kit trays.
• Generates kitting measures of performance and recommends operational improvements.
• Provides support and planning recommendations to production cell planners/leaders.
• Provides input to kitting planning policies and procedures.
• Ensures equipment and kitting areas are maintained and in safe condition by scheduling repair and maintenance services.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Liaisons with clients, suppliers and vendors.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
> Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, leadership, interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
> Thorough knowledge of production management computer systems.
> Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
> Completion of APICS program, or courses equivalent to this program, and eligible to become certified under CPIM preferred.
> 1 to 3 years of experience in production planning and control.
> Thorough knowledge of records management and documentation control.
> Thorough knowledge of company instructions, company processes, unit build standards, temporary overhaul data revisions and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
> Experience in administration/records management and/or a technical role associated with technical documentation.
> Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.