The Helicopter Business Unit is in search of a strong people Leader to direct the Quality and Configuration Control functions within the business unit. As a member of the business unit Strategic Group, the individual directs quality assurance and configuration control activities in order to improve the processes, procedures, methods and materials used in the repair and overhaul processes while ensuring regulatory compliance and product quality is maintained while striving for continual improvements.
The successful candidate will maintain a stringent regulatory structure that balances customer, OEM, production and employee requirements. An emphasis on Safety Management Systems concepts and techniques that include product and personal safety is imperative in addition to being a solution-oriented individual. The Quality Director will use collaborative, problem-solving techniques such as 5 why, fishbone and 8D that provide solutions while incorporating strong data analysis skills and a high degree of influence within and outside of the department. Other duties include, providing overall direction for the business unit quality function through development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements and corporate standards. This is to be accomplished utilizing the Management of the internal Audit program, corrective action process and periodic management reviews to identify and drive quality and business improvements.
The successful candidate will have:
- A University degree or college diploma in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering; or equivalent.
- Several years of senior leadership experience managing engineering or quality in a manufacturing or aerospace environment.
- Experience working and auditing within the ISO 9001/AS91XX quality system requirements and/or in a highly regulated industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Transport Canada airworthiness certification requirements and other regulatory bodies is a definite asset.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency and data mining abilities. Software proficiency with MS Excel and MRP/ERP systems is highly recommended.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) by a provincial association of professional engineers is an asset.