The Helicopters Business Unit has an exciting and challenging opportunity a Material Specialist.
The successful candidate will be a high energy team player with demonstrated problem-solving, communication, planning, analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads, multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Carries out inventory control functions.
- Obtains quotations from vendors to ensure favourable quality, price and delivery terms.
- Researches new products and vendors; provides data to technical staff and assists them in purchasing decisions.
- Expedites orders to ensure timely delivery of purchases by verifying initial demands and analyzing backorder reports.
- Interfaces with vendors, staff and management to resolve discrepancies, answer questions and provide guidance and training on inventory systems.
- Controls data integrity of inventory systems.
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies noted during cycle count process.
- Carries out new, used and sub-contract supplier/vendor development.
- Participates in the recommendation of business unit material policy discussions. Exhibits an understanding of complex material/financial situations.
- Monitors and reports on measures of performance.
- Completion of post-secondary education in business administration; or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in negotiation, relationship-building, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control systems.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control, purchasing and production management computer systems.
- Experience in an inventory or manufacturing environment.
- Commencement of an appropriate certification program is an asset.
- Job grade 4,5,6,7 dependent on qualifications