This position is responsible for providing logistics and material handling services to internal and external customers of the Company. The incumbent may be required to complete a variety of tasks relating to shipping, receiving, order picking, inventories, packaging/crating and general stores services. Specialized storespersons will also be familiar with shipping procedures, data entry of information into the Company computer system, shipping software and other logistical tracking programs. Handling of parts and materials in a safety-conscious manner is required at all times. Responding to urgent requests and parts deliveries are a minor portion of the position.
• Shipping and receiving aeronautical products according to Transport Canada and quality standards
• Data entry of induction information into Airsoft
• Preparing, packaging and safely storing aircraft parts or entire product units (engines, components)
• Tracking items by serial/part #. Order picking and putting away parts on the carousel system
• Utilizing shipping software to accurately ship and provide documentation for product shipments
• Liaising with internal and external departments concerning parts and product induction and shipping
• General safety, cleanliness and maintenance of work area and equipment
• Operation of forklift, power or hand jack or material handling equipment (providing license is received)
• Parts delivery
• Research and preparing/compiling paperwork on parts/products
• Maintaining cleanliness of work area; stacking boxes, sweeping, filing
• Experience in a material handling or logistics environment
• Customer service experience
Mechanically and Technically inclined and willing to learn.
• Requires heavy work that involves walking, bending, twisting or standing most of the time.
• Requires the ability to lift up to 30lbs on an ongoing basis.
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• Forklift license required for some positions
• Must possess a valid BC driver’s licence
• Must maintain a valid home telephone number
• Must be able and willing to work overtime
• General computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
• Ability to use hand tools (drills, screwdrivers) and equipment/machinery (forklift, power/hand jack)
• Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Airsoft program
• Hand-eye coordination
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle heavy items safely and effectively using appropriate equipment
• Ensures that the working environment is kept neat, clean and organized
• Participates in training and development as needed
• Performs other duties as required