This position is responsible for providing repair/installation services on a variety of helicopter Avionics and electrical systems including those found on; Sikorsky, Bell and Airbus aircraft. Preparing Avionics for modifications, troubleshooting, and repairs on aircraft. Ensuring OEM, customer and regulatory quality standards are met for all aspects. Reviewing, interpreting and following technical documentation is required. The ability to produce quality work within predetermined time constraints is part of this position.
- Maintenance & installation of avionics and electrical systems fitted to aircraft assigned to in accordance with applicable installation drawings and/or manufacturer’s maintenance and installation manuals
- Troubleshooting and ensuring operational performance and standards of the entire helicopter
- Ensuring all applicable AD’s, SB’s, modifications, SL’s, etc. are complied with
- Record work on company build sheets or applicable forms
- Develop work methods, procedures, and standards, if necessary
- Following established maintenance techniques and adhering to standards
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance of machines and tools
- Keep the work area clean and tidy
- Wear appropriate clothing and safety equipment for the job
- Placing basic parts orders
- Submitting completed estimate sheets and product status reports
- Input possible improvement with regard to tooling, company procedures, etc.
- Oversee the work of the apprentice that has been assigned to them to look after (if applicable)
- Tag all parts serviceable or unserviceable
- Fill out transfer sheets and ensure that the parts being transferred have proper certification
- Complete time tickets on a daily basis
- Minimum four (4) years experience with maintenance and installation of avionics and related electrical systems.
- Previous Avionics and electrical systems experience on Sikorsky, Bell and Airbus products preferred.
- Thorough understanding of all technical documents such as technical bulletins, alert service bulletins, etc.
- Understanding of Canadian Aviation Regulations.
- Hands-on electrical experience