The Associate, OpEx Project Manager is a champion for the implementation of sustainable Operations Excellence practices within StandardAero. The incumbent will act as a leader or facilitator for projects to implement Lean principles, ranging from small Rapid Improvement/Kaizen Events to large-scale Lean Transformations.
• Develops and evaluates improvement solutions to ensure alignment with Lean principles / Operations Excellence standards.
• Analyzes business processes to determine existing performance in terms of service, cost and quality, which involves gathering information through interviews, measurements, tests and observations.
• Assists Business Units with the development and execution of improvement plans to meet scorecard objectives.
• Documents Operations Excellence best practices and assists in their deployment across sectors.
• Contributes to the Operations Excellence toolkit.
• Gathers and analyzes detailed data to understand current performance and identify improvement opportunities.
• Leads the development of Project Charters, Statements of Work and Project Plans while also assisting with the selection of project team members. Prepares cost benefit analysis.
• Provides mentor-ship to Business Unit personnel involved in implementing and maintaining Operations Excellence best practices.
• Assists in the development and delivery of Operations Excellence training.
• Provides OJT to project team members to meet project objectives.
• Facilitates the development of high-performance project teams.
• Provides post-implementation mentor-ship to customers.
• Develops and delivers presentations both internally and externally.
• Prepares edits and consolidates written reports for internal use.
• Completes professional development activities to maintain Operations Excellence expertise.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• College/University degree in engineering, business administration, commerce or related field; or equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge of lean manufacturing and the Continual Improvement Process.
• Proficient use of PCs in the current company operating system environment.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• Working knowledge of production equipment.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Up to 50% travel
• Lean expert
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.