• Duties vary from preventive maintenance to repairs.
• Makes routine inspections, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance.
• Have knowledge of and follow all regulations set by the FAA. FAA regulations govern the maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs.
• Maintains the premises of Safe Fuel Systems, Inc., in a clean and orderly manner.
• Requests material requisitions from stock as required.
• Assures the proper handling of all parts while in the repair order process.
• Maintains the preservation of all units or parts during the work process, installation, and storage.
• Reports any defective shop equipment or tools.
• Makes recommendations to additional equipment or tools.
• Use current data and proper tools in the performance of maintenance.
• Ensuring safety precautions are observed and safety equipment is used at all times.
• Ensures the proper use of tools and resources to follow the appropriate technical data during the performance of any maintenance function.
• Ensures the accuracy and quality of work performed in the shop area is in compliance with the repair station manual.
• Ensures that all work received meets all required turnaround times.
• High School Diploma with a minimum 2+ years combined on the job training/experience in a related repair station environment.
• Air frame and Aircraft Power plant Certificate and/or prior Repairman’s Certificate in related repair station environment is highly preferred.
• Skillful understanding of mechanics and how various parts of machinery interact with each other.
• Detail-oriented personality and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong background in math and technical writing.
• Communication skills, including writing and speaking, since aircraft technicians often work in teams and must keep thorough records of all repairs and maintenance done on an aircraft units.
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
• Must have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to lift, bend, push and pull up to 40lbs.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and within established procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, sometimes under pressured deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.