StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent Gas Turbine Engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers.
Our services include MRO for aircraft and rotorcraft engines, auxiliary power units (APUs) and components; airframe services including major alterations; FAA authorized avionics capabilities; comprehensive engineering services; and custom exterior and interior design, completion and paint. We provide these capabilities through our global network of specialized facilities and dispatch ready service teams.
StandardAero in Maryville, TN is in search of an Aerospace Engineer to facilitate MRO activity specific to Rolls-Royce Gas Turbine Engines, GE CF34 turbofan, and the various APUs that we support.
Reference the Gas Turbine Engine Sections of “The Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook–Powerplant” (FAA-H-8083-32) Volume 1 and Volume 2 (available free at www.faa.gov).
A successful candidate will be accustomed to working in a fast pace production environment and must have sufficient education and experience to solve problems that arise daily in the following areas:
Gas Turbine Engines
- Turbofan Engines
- Turboshaft Engines
Turbine Engine Operation
Turbine Engine Maintenance
- Turbine Engine Inlet Systems
- Compressor Section
- Combustion Section
- Turbine Engine Fuel System
- FADEC - Control System
- Gas Turbine Engine Starter and Ignition System
- Turbine Engine Lubrication System and Components
- Gas Turbine Engine Bearings and Seals
General Overhaul Procedures
Turbine Engine Calibration and Testing
- Troubleshooting Turbine Engines
- Turbine Engine Instruments
- Gas Turbine Engine Performance
- Turbomachinery Vibration
Additional Position Responsibilities:
• Prepares daily work instructions for production that are outside of routine overhaul procedures.
• Provides interpretation and clarification of overhaul data.
• Reviews service bulletins and manual changes and incorporates amendments into production.
• Reviews warranty claims and advises management on the disposition of assigned items.
• Provides technical support to customers; produces reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, failure analysis or product configuration.
• Provides technical support during the implementation of new processes; specifies tools and test equipment required; assists in training on the overhaul and test methods.
• Advises on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Working knowledge of gas turbine engine and/or accessory theory and performance analysis.
• Good understanding of manufacturing methods, shop equipment and machining processes.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings and schematics.
• Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Understanding of original equipment manufacturing manuals.
• University degree in engineering (aerospace or mechanical engineering preferred).
• Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment preferred.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident as per ITAR Regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.