Acts as a liaison between operations, engineering, materials, sales and the customer for product transactions in support of all types of customers (transactional, contractual, PBTH, field service, etc). Understands and implements solutions to maximize the customer experience and the financial requirements of the business unit.
* Acts as an advocate for external and internal clients, demonstrating accountability and a commitment to excellence to both the external customer and the company.
* Provides innovative solutions to complex issues, influencing others to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and company standards and profit margins are maximized.
* Provides team leadership and mentors, coaches, and empowers others to ensure transaction timelines are met or exceeded.
* Provides informal leadership within the business unit, demonstrating integrated thinking when solving problems and implementing continuous improvement practices.
* Adapts to change, demonstrating proactive thinking, assertiveness and initiative to identify potential issues/problems before they arise.
* Builds relationships with both external and internal clients.
* Reads and interprets legal documents to determine requirements for the creation and distribution of production documents using language in clear and concise manner.
* Ensures customer requirements and expectations are confirmed, documented, and communicated to the appropriate team members for the BU/site.
* Prepares, generates and distributes reports, order acknowledgments, estimates and invoices as required. Compare engineering reports with estimates and invoices, identifies and addresses potential cost overruns as they occur; determines estimate to invoice variance (EIVA).
* Applies basic project management principles, identifying resources, defining scope, developing timelines and budgets, and evaluating risk. Designs strategies to mitigate risk and influences buy-in from all stakeholders.
* Initiates the required action for response to customer service requests for workscope/order changes, including the maintenance of order information files, and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel. Provides a close liaison and informal leadership role with service engineers, operations, logistics and materials.
* Manages customer visits and acts as the primary contact between the customer and production operations regarding expected completion dates, tracing and expediting shipments as needed.
* Monitors and analyzes cost projections on an ongoing basis, proposing solutions for corrective action as required.
* Manages customer concerns, identifying costs associated with and impacts on resolution of Customer Concerns on other areas justifying resolution (internally or to customer).
* Maintains data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or SalesForce.com (SFDC) database.
* Manages documents as per company, customer, and regulatory standards and process. Assures required information is entered into the appropriate computer system (internal and external). Performs assigned system maintenance to various electronic files.
* Projects a positive image in representing the corporation to clients and the community; hosts and coordinates customer visits as needed.
* Cultivates customer loyalty through a commitment to customer satisfaction.
* Supports preparation of proposals, quotes and presentations and proposes sales strategies.
* Manages personal workload and time, setting and managing priorities and time on task, asking for assistance when required, while adapting to change and adjusting to changing demands of the workplace.
* Receives, evaluates and answers customer, internal organization or sales force inquiries regarding a variety of order-related or service issues. Facilitates or recommends solutions for the settlement of customer complaints.
* Plans to meet forecast demands while communicating anticipated future demands internally; compares SA inventory to meet customer needs and evaluates, organizes, reports and optimizes customer consignment inventory.
* Responsible for observing and reporting any issues or concerns in support of the company-wide quality, environmental and Safety Management System [SMS] policies.
* Carries out additional projects as assigned.
* Diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, or related discipline with two years or a Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or a related discipline.
* Communicates effectively with customers (both internal and external), demonstrating effective use of written, verbal, non-verbal, and active listening skills, employing relevant knowledge, skills, and judgment to achieve organizational goals.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills while demonstrating situational awareness
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills that include demonstrated expertise with negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service. Demonstrates patience, tact and empathy when working with others.
* Competent working in a culturally diverse environment with a demonstrated sensitivity to other cultural norms and practices.
* A proven commitment to professional practice, continuous professional improvement, and life-long learning.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
* Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.