*** First Shift Opening ***
* Operates metal cleaning equipment such as vapour blasters, wheelabrators, deburrers and blast cabinets using a variety of blast media to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products.
* Performs in process cleaning, air drying and buffing.
* Identifies and segregates ferrous, non-ferrous and titanium parts for specific cleaning processes.
* Immerses metal products in chemical cleaning and stripping solutions.
* Performs mechanical cleaning of parts such as grit blasting, vapour blasting and glass beading.
* Prepares and masks surfaces prior to cleaning.
* Prepares parts for non-destructive testing.
* Cleans and maintains cleaning tanks and equipment; monitors chemicals through titration checks.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Thorough knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
* Thorough knowledge of titrating chemicals.
* Working knowledge of material safety data sheets and the handling of hazardous materials/chemicals.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, MSDS labels and original equipment manufacturer manuals for cleaning and related processes.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
* Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 75% of the average work day
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.