StandardAero is searching for a Project Engineer to join our test cell team. This project engineer should have a degree in computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
In this exciting and challenging role you will be part of a team responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of our San Antonio Engine Test Cells. StandardAero’s San Antonio gas turbine engines span across Turbo-Prop, Commercial Turbo-Fan and military jet engines. Testing engines is an integral part of StandardAero’s process to certify our work and to ensure that the engines are safe and reliable. This position will also include facility design and systems that support our test facilities.
As part of the Engineering team you will work with computer, electrical and mechanical engineers/technologists to create systems that are accurate, maintainable and easy to operate. You will be involved in every aspect of the design and implementation of these test systems including estimating, requirements gathering, technical analysis, troubleshooting, component selection/purchasing, commissioning and production support. This role will also involve ensuring the continuing operation of our existing test cells. You will be expected to provide support to troubleshoot and repair test cell issues.
• Supports continued operations of the exiting engine test cells. Perform troubleshooting to determine the root cause. Ensures all repairs or maintenance activity complies with the requirements of the Test Cell Facilities Operations Manual. This includes directing work, as well as hands on repair of items
• Support the design and implementation of new test cell projects. Support many be in the form of a team member or project lead utilizing project management principles (Cost, Schedule, Quality, Communication)
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out special duties as assigned.
Based on knowledge of successful candidate:
• Electrical / Computer Engineer
• Develop software for Engine Test Cell data acquisition and control using C# (.NET Framework), and LabVIEW.
• Design test cell electrical systems and develop electrical schematics.
• Troubleshoot and repair test cell electrical systems and harnesses
• Mechanical Engineer
• Design and implement mechanical control systems including oil packages, fuel systems, air start control systems, etc.
• Work with Ladder logic to develop engine control systems
• Troubleshoot and repair test cell mechanical systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering. 5+ years experiences preferred.
• Be able to work either alone or in a team environment to solve problems.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to generate alternative ideas.
• Strong project management skills
• Must be able to promote a team environment.
• Position may require some travel
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient with AutoCad Preferred
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Knowledge of Control Systems, PLC, Ladder Logic
• Basic knowledge of electricity and willingness to learn
Electrical / Computer Engineer
• Knowledge of programming principles and LabVIEW
• Ability to generate electrical schematics
• Knowledge of control systems
• Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, Valves, Regulators, etc.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.