Performs setup, calibration, maintenance and operation of machining equipment, including computer numerically controlled equipment, to make complex precise cuts, bends, alignments and forms of requisite materials. Cross-trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, radial arm drills, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, computer numerically controlled and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies and fabricate and assemble tools and fixtures.
• Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
• Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
• Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
• Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes.
• Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, electricity & pneumatics
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Strong mathematical aptitude.
• Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• Basic computer skills.
• Completion of machinist’ apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
• Attainment of trade certification.
• Ability to work day shift or 2nd shift as required.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.