StandardAero is in search of a candidate to provide strategic materials management for the business unit. The successful candidate will provide direction for strategic sourcing activities and maintains intelligence on global supplies for the business unit's products. Identify, develop and introduce improvements within the business unit to improve materials control and service levels. Recommend and participate in the development of policies and procedures related to material.
- Ensures required materiels, consumables, components, sub-assemblies, engines, tools, equipment, and staffing levels are available to meet production plans.
- Ensures materials inventory levels and work-in-process levels are appropriate.
- Analyzes materials source and the selection of repair and overhaul vendors.
- Develops and maintains strategic vendor relationships and vendor development programs.
- Participates in developing, amending and issuing material policy and procedures for the business unit.
- Promotes continuous improvement ensuring that "best practices" are implemented for all aspects of materiels management.
- Ensures appropriate materiels measures of performance are developed, reported regularly, are trending favourably and are promoting improvement in materiel management.
- Ensures effective business unit logistics, kitting and material handling capabilities are in place.
- Ensures that U.S. and domestic export requirements are understood and properly implemented.
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
- Minimum 3-5 years people management experience in an inventory or manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in supply chain with a thorough knowledge of procurement, production, inventory, logistics, financial and business control systems.
- University degree in business administration, commerce, economics or related field; or equivalent.
- Recognized purchasing or inventory control designation (PMAC, APIC, CPIM); or equivalent.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and inventory management software
- Working knowledge of Aerospace/Defense industrial business and logistics practices is a definite asset.