Founded in 1911, StandardAero is one of the largest independent MRO and aviation service businesses in the world, providing comprehensive services to commercial, military, business aviation, helicopters and industrial operators.
Over 300 years of collective experience brings customers unique knowledge and expertise in solving maintenance and challenges.
The CF34/CFM56 Business Unit was established in 2001 as a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility for the CF34 family of turbofan engines and has grown to include the CFM56 model.
Our people are dedicated to excellence and innovation. We not only do things the right way, we are always looking for a better way – from developing proprietary repair processes to redesigning our facilities to make them among the most efficient in the world. Ultimately, everything we do is to enhance the ownership and operating experience of our customers by completing the job with skill and precision putting them back in the air in the shortest time possible. That’s the Standard that we set.
This exciting and challenging role provides leadership and strategic direction to the Operations Team through a participative communication and management style for the CF34/CFM56 Business Unit.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of urgency, strong bias for action and a solid background with demonstrated results in Operational Excellence / Six Sigma in preferrably a MRO environment.
The position reports to the Vice President and General Manager, CF34/CFM56 and leads a dynamic team consisting of Operations and Supply Chain groups.
• Lead and participate in the development of performance, efficiency and product quality standards for all production cells and service operations within the Business Unit.
• Ensure operational goals are met through collaborative initiatives across a matrix organization.
• Monitor and measure critical process performance such as turn around time, efficiency, productivity, COPQ and other metrics utilizing the appropriate data and analytics.
• Participate in strategic business planning for manpower, equipment and facility capacity to support forecasted sales levels.
• Identify continuous improvement and cost efficiency projects to adapt to technological, legal, and regulatory, policy and product updates and changes. Plan and direct changes and updates to machinery and equipment, production systems and work methods.
• Develop and implement policies and programs to enhance the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
• Actively participate in leadership teams tasked with the development and implementation of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Lead an effective team through proactive hiring, coaching, mentoring and effective performance management.
• Contribute to overall leadership of StandardAero as a member of the Business Unit Strategic Team.
CORE BEHAVIORS (LEADERSHIP STANDARDS)
Building Effective Teams - Create strong morale within the team by fostering open dialogue, sharing wins and successes, delegating responsibility and allowing team members opportunities for growth.
Conflict Management – Practice focused listening, settle disputes equitably, find common ground and gain cooperation with minimum noise.
Customer Focus - Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acting with customers in mind at all times.
Developing Direct Reports and Others – Construct and execute compelling development plans, demonstrate awareness of team member career goals. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments.
Drive for Results - Successfully meet or exceed goals and focus on business results. Push self and others to achieve results.
Managing and Measuring Work – Set clear objectives and measures, monitor process, progress and results, clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions.
Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose, making the vision sharable by the organization.
Motivating Others – Empower others, share ownership and visibility. Motivate direct reports and other team members.
Problem Solving – Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; provide honest analysis.
Trust – Present truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, lead as a direct, truthful individual.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree a plus.
• Minimum 10 years experience in an Operational leadership role / roles with delivered and sustainable results. MRO environment is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience with core values centered on a participative communication style with a high degree of transparency and empathy; must be willing to lead by example through walking around and communicating with all levels of the organization effectively.
• Strong business acumen with the a ability to collaborate and contribute to the success of the total business model, including support functions such as Human Resources, Finance, Quality, etc.. P&L experience a requirement.
Sr. Manager, Human Resources