• Performs visual and dimensional inspection of products being processed for repair or overhaul to verify their conformance to the approved data and customer requirements.
• Determines and documents the modification status/configuration of products being processed for repair or overhaul to verify compliance to the applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
• Ensures the products to be inspected are sufficiently clean and in acceptable condition to perform the inspections necessary to complete the work instruction.
• Determines the repairability of those products not meeting the applicable requirements.
• Records the inspection results on the appropriate inspection documentation.
• Generates an estimate on the cost of replacement parts and labour necessary to complete the applicable work instructions.
• Generates the applicable documentation for the repair of unserviceable products.
• Inspects and identifies parts in the Reduced to Spares (RTS) process.
• Supervises detail inspection trainees in the on-the-job training (OJT) process.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Knowledgeable in and ability to identify and interpret conditions on products that are the result of service operation.
• Ability to use and interpret publications used in the production process (graphs, charts, schematics, blueprints).
• Working knowledge of the functions and operation of the products being inspected.
• Proficient in technical writing.
• Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
• Ability to complete the Detail Inspector Training & Development Plan.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
• Previous inspection experience preferred.
Job grade will be dependent on qualifications!