This exciting and challenging role will be responsible for operations standup, execution and ongoing P&L management of a new Commercial Programs Business Unit Team at our San Antonio, Texas facility. As this facility currently undertakes MRO activities in the Military Sector, this role will require hands on knowledge, experience and management of start up of operations, a solid understanding of the operational, programmatic and procedural requirements to successfully implement and manage a new MRO commercial operation. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of commercial engine MRO experience, a strong bias for action and a solid background in operations and program leadership with demonstrated results in operational excellence and due to the critical timeline expected to implement operations, is expected to be a “hands on, sleeves up, can do” leader. The position is a member of the San Antonio Operations senior leadership team and reports to the President, Airline & Fleets Sector. Supporting staff will consist of a dynamic team including engineering, operations, quality, supply chain management and customer service.
• Actively lead and participate in the design, development and implementation of the MRO production line and transfer of work into the StandardAero network, ensuring that all operational processes, procedures and systems meet and exceed all necessary OEM and Airworthiness requirements and are implemented consistent with StandardAero’s production management and quality systems and architecture.
• Lead and participate in the development of performance, efficiency and product quality standards for all production cells and service operations within the Business Unit.
• Ensure operational and financial goals are met through collaborative initiatives across a matrix organization.
• Monitor and measure critical process performance such as turn-around time, efficiency, productivity, COPQ and other metrics utilizing the appropriate data and analytics.
• Participate in strategic business planning for manpower, equipment and facility capacity to support forecasted sales levels.
• Identify continuous improvement and cost efficiency projects to adapt to technological, legal, and regulatory, policy and product updates and changes. Plan and direct changes and updates to machinery and equipment, production systems and work methods.
• Develop and implement policies and programs to enhance the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
• Actively participate in leadership teams tasked with the development and implementation of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Lead an effective team through proactive hiring, coaching, mentoring and effective performance management.
• Contribute to overall leadership of StandardAero as a member of the Business Unit Strategic Team and the Sector Strategic Team requirements.
Core Behaviors (Leadership Standards)
* Building Effective Teams - Create strong morale within the team by fostering open dialogue, sharing wins and successes, delegating responsibility and allowing team members opportunities for growth.
* Conflict Management - Practice focused listening, settle disputes equitably, find common ground and gain cooperation with minimum noise.
* Customer Focus - Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acting with customers in mind at all times.
* Developing Direct Reports and Others - Construct and execute compelling development plans, demonstrate awareness of team member career goals. Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments.
* Drive for Results - Successfully meet or exceed goals and focus on business results. Push self and others to achieve results.
* Managing and Measuring Work - Set clear objectives and measures, monitor process, progress and results, clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions.
* Managing Vision and Purpose - Communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose, making the vision sharable by the organization.
* Motivating Others - Empower others, share ownership and visibility. Motivate direct reports and other team members.
* Problem Solving - Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; provide honest analysis.
* Trust - Present truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, lead as a direct, truthful individual.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in an Operational leadership role/roles with delivered and sustainable results. Experience with Rolls Royce commercial turbofan market is an asset, but not required.
* Demonstrated leadership experience with core values centered on a participative communication style with a high degree of transparency and empathy; must be willing to lead by example through engaging with employee and management teams and communicating with all levels of the organization.
* Strong business acumen with the ability to collaborate and contribute to the success of the total business model, including support functions such as Human Resources, Finance, Quality, etc. P&L experience a requirement.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.