Seeking an attorney with extensive knowledge of federal government contracting laws to review a complex contracts. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel – Military & Energy, this position will be based in San Antonio, TX. This position will manage aspects of legal support and advice needed by business clients of the Military divisions of StandardAero. The position will involve interactions with all levels of management and require a thorough understanding of the FAR/DFARs (including FMS and FMF), government procurement processes, protest strategies, risk management and commercial philosophies.
• Provides legal and compliance oversight for all US government contracts (federal, state, and local), including prime and subcontract arrangements.
• Reviews, negotiates, and manages international government contracts and contracts directly with foreign militaries and/or their primes.
• Acts as an interface between the company and commercial representatives in the interchange of ideas and contract amendments to meet the strategic and tactical needs of the company, including ensuring corporate compliance and integrity.
• Develops policies, plans, and reports ensuring compliance with all commercial contracts and subcontracts.
• Works with operational leaders to optimize operations and maximize profitability.
• Organizes and manages cross functional resources to supply quality products and services to all internal and external customers.
• Establishes and supports the functional objectives of the Legal team.
• Provides direction on contracts interpretation, government compliance with the FARs/DFARs, and amendments enhancing company profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Creates successful resolutions of customer disputes and guides them through management approval.
• Coordinates with Insurance and Risk Management to reduce financial exposure.
• Participates in and encourages continuous improvement of all functions including review and updates to company government properties. Directs the formation of continuous improvement teams, producing positive trends in measurements of performance.
• Actively participates in management team(s), leading development and realization of strategic plans, goals and outcomes.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
• Law degree with minimum 7 years legal experience negotiating government contracts
• Preferred 7+ years contract management in the aerospace industry
• Possess a strong working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
• Experience with commercial and international government and military agencies
• Possess a strong working knowledge of Pre-Award, Post Award and Closeout Contracting Concepts and adept at handling/implementing constructive contract changes / modifications
• Ability to understand contract requirements and manage these requirements in accordance with applicable directives and procedures to meet program goals
• Ability to work effectively under changing deadlines and priorities
• Ability to draft moderate contractual instruments, which are at times non-routine in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines
• Ability to quantify an issue/situation and then become actively involved in developing an action plan to achieve a successful result and covering all aspects of the given situation
• Ability to manage and liaise with Government Agency Audits; e.g. Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA); Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
• Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
• Product knowledge of respective business segment sufficient to understand underlying risks and opportunities
• Ability to use PC's in a Microsoft environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.