Acts as a liaison between the BU and the customer for product or service transactions. Maintains positive customer relations by providing support related to the products/services of the business unit/site. Responds to inquiries, problems or complaints that may arise. Primarily responsible for product management of component, module, or accessory projects through the facility. Additionally, supports induction of product or invoicing projects and/or service management of customer requirements and requests for the facility.
Customer Service Support:
• Receives processes, generates, and verifies accuracy on engine/accessory induction (Cycle 0) and selling documentation using the company systems and customer purchase order.
• Ensures customer / contractual requirements and expectations are confirmed, documented, and communicated to the appropriate team members.
• Prepares, generates and distributes submittal forms to external customers in accordance with contractual guidelines.
• Responsible for documentation of work order changes provided by technical personnel through detailed work instructions, and communicates changes to appropriate team members.
• Adheres to strict timelines related to production requirements in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Communicate customer requirements to appropriate team members to ensure all requirements are met in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Initiates the required actions for response to internal customer service requests for work scope changes and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel. Provides a close liaison role with the service engineer.
• Promotes teamwork and leadership to all areas of the facility and negotiates mutually acceptable solutions with all internal and external customers.
• Maintains a close liaison role to all internal customers, engineering teams, material supply teams, logistics teams, management and program office staff.
• Aides in problem resolution related to production issues and / or customer service issues with internal customers.
• Provides internal customers with product information including pricing, scheduling, delivery and/or backorder availability.
• Acts as a liaison between the Program Office and production operations regarding expected completion dates.
• Assists in processing the necessary documentation required in the warranty processes.
• Assures required product information is entered into the appropriate computer system; performs assigned system maintenance to various electronic order files.
• Maintains all documentation of engine repair and overhaul shop orders and ensures proper archiving as established in accordance with the guidelines of the contract.
• Ensures that open costs associated with the repair and overhaul shop orders are complete, invoiced and close.
Engine Records Function:
• Maintains and updates files and databases associated with aviation records to ensure that associated documentation is complete and accurate.
• Informs customers, management, customer service, and/or engineering, as appropriate, of records discrepancies, problems and/or controversial findings. Makes corrections to records as required.
• Audits historical records for airframes, power plants or modules that are to be repaired or overhauled.
• Completes documentation at induction to assist customer service personnel.
• Maintains and updates files associated with aviation records. Inputs and analyzes related data used in the customer database system.
• Reviews final internal documentation consisting of inspection checklists, routed order tags, run sheets, etc. to ensure that all documentation is complete and entries are made to ensure configuration control.
• Completes, audits, and signs completed records on engines, turbine rotors, compressor rotors, and other components ensuring they are accurate for release to service.
• Uses manual or computerized systems to prepare and maintain various reports for appropriate customers and internal personnel.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Insures that appropriate sections of the engine records are updated to illustrate MRO repairs and associated preservation carried out during StandardAero visit are included.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Aircraft Engine Management Systems (AEMS) and Decision Knowledge Programming for Logistics Analysis and Technical Evaluation (DECKPLATE) background preferred, but will consider applicants with Comprehensive Engine Management Systems (CEMS) background as well.
• Technical Directive Kit Management – Familiarity with ordering TD Kit materials through the US Navy.
• Understanding and navigation of the US Navy OPNAVINST 4790.
• Strong Logbook and Records updating such as Aeronautical Equipment Service Record (AESR), Module Service Record (MSR), Assembly Service Record (ASR), miscellaneous repair history, Engine Operation Record (EOR), Engine inventory section and Scheduled Removal Component Card (SRC).
• Working knowledge of relevant engine operating manuals and technical data preferred. Knowledge of technical directives and associated records update requirements a plus.
• Working knowledge of relevant engine production tracking and monitoring. Familiarity with repair routings and production methods for capturing repair history.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, oral and written communication skills
• Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
• Thorough knowledge of production management, inventory purchasing and sales/marketing computer information systems.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.