As a member of the IT leadership team, the IT Director of Military & Energy Business Sector and Transformation is responsible for the overall IT strategy and program delivery for the business sector to drive growth and meet operational commitments. In addition, they lead a team of employees across the globe from the various maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) shops.
Furthermore, the leader is responsible for driving change in the IT organization to establish a product management focus, incorporate agile practices, and promote a business-centric approach. This team is also responsible for leading key strategic cross-functional initiatives for new business acquisitions and footprint changes made by the enterprise.
• Manage staff by recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring employees, setting clear expectations, and driving accountability.
• Identify opportunity areas and implement timely and cost-effective strategic solutions.
• Administer the annual budget and control costs.
• Remain current and knowledgeable with state of the art products and recommend necessary changes.
• Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Demonstrate initiative and be an active problem-solver.
• Drive a Lean culture/mindset. Require standard work for all processes including leadership accountabilities and communication.
• Develop an agile team and collaborate with other leaders to optimize scheduling to meet commitments.
• Demonstrate effective conflict management and skillfully handle difficult interactions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related technical discipline desired or equivalent experience.
• Master’s degree within Information Technology discipline preferred.
• Experience in IT for aerospace or discrete manufacturing industries preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive IT leadership experience.
• Thorough knowledge of agile methodologies, systems analysis, programming techniques and design methods, data processing principles, theories, concepts and terminology.
• Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.