Manages and coordinates a broad range of repair, overhaul and re-manufacturing activities within a defined production group in compliance with required output and quality standards. Provides leadership and planning on day-to-day production objectives, scheduling, material usage, budgets, manpower and equipment resources.
• Directs the production planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, sales mix, inventory requirements and materials availability.
• Plans day-to-day operations, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
• Monitors production yields on a daily basis; makes adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules.
• Actively manages cross training to ensure technicians are agile to move to areas of high operational need to maximize labor productivity and efficiency while minimizing overtime costs.
• Coordinates and liaises with production, supply, sales, engineering and customer service to ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals.
• Performs capacity planning for equipment, floor space and manpower requirements in accordance with forecasted workload.
• Builds and develops team approaches to problem solving and continuous improvement concepts within the assigned area.
• Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance-related strengths and weaknesses within the cell.
• Monitors, controls and reports on the cell's capital expenditures in relation to budgeted amounts.
• Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the cell.
• Actively participates in the business unit management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• May perform cell production tasks as required, depending on cell size and technical qualifications.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills (operational excellence / continuous improvement).
• Working knowledge of production management theory / systems.
• Extremely competent in MS Office suite with an emphasis on use of MS Excel for data analysis to include running queries to efficiently reach data driven solutions.
• Prior experience in J85 Aerospace Engine environment a plus.
• Associates in engineering, business administration or related discipline (CIM, CPIM, APICS); or equivalent.
• Several years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or production environment
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.