StandardAero Production Engineers support our organization’s ability to maintain, repair and overhaul gas turbine engines used in flight applications. A Production Engineer’s role is to focus on piece parts and special processes required as part of the engine overhaul process. This includes development and industrialization of repairs, support of special processes (e.g. machining, welding, balancing), and development of required process documentation. Production Engineers are responsible for driving continuous improvement events in their areas to improve shop efficiency, safety, and quality. Within all these tasks, Production Engineers help ensure our compliance to relevant airworthiness and customer contractual requirements.
Specific Tasks and Accountabilities:
• Industrializes component repairs, often based on OEM book repairs. Occasionally develops new minor repairs in line with FAA part 145 repair station requirements, or equivalent internal policy for military customers.
• Generates First Article Inspection Reports to ensure that newly introduced processes conform to the required standards.
• Participates in component Material Review Boards (MRB) and evaluates nonconforming material for possible repair options to return to service.
• Generates and maintains Shop Orders, Work Instructions, Temporary Overhaul Data Revisions, and other Documents used to convey process instructions to the shop technicians.
• Provides support to special processes such as welding, machining, balancing, cleaning, thermal spray, grinding, etc… Audits the processes periodically to ensure proper equipment and instructions are available.
• Originates, revises & interprets technical drawings.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited engineering curriculum
• Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment is preferred
• Working knowledge of computer software systems and CAD applications
• Working knowledge of gas turbine engine theory
• Knowledge and experience in the following is preferred:
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis,
Measurement Systems Analysis,
Welding, Machining, Balancing or other special processes
• Familiarity with US Government or Commercial Maintenance Manuals
• Good project planning and organizational skills and an ability to accomplish projects on schedule with limited supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to clearly convey technical instructions both orally and in writing
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.