As a member of the IT leadership team, the Information Security Director is responsible for the definition of the strategy and implementation of cyber-security program including architecture, internal/external threat prevention and information security operations. In addition, they will manage the IT compliance program ensuring appropriate IT controls and policies are in place to protect electronic assets and meet government regulations.
Overall strategic leadership and management in planning, directing and controlling business requirements in Security & Compliance.
General leadership responsibilities:
• Manage staff by recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring employees, setting clear expectations, and driving accountability.
• Identify problematic areas and implement timely and cost effective strategic solutions.
• Administer the annual budget and control costs.
• Remain current and knowledgeable with state of the art products and recommend necessary changes.
• Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Demonstrate initiative and be an active problem-solver.
• Drive a Lean culture/mindset. Require standard work for all processes including leadership accountabilities and communication.
• Develop an agile team and collaborate with other leaders to optimize scheduling to meet commitments.
• Demonstrate effective conflict management and skillfully handle difficult interactions.
- Define and evolve Cyber-Security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
- Direct and approve the design of security systems
- Lead Information Security Operations, including incident response, impact analysis, remediation and prevention activities.
- Lead Vulnerability & Event detection plan
- Schedule periodic security audits, lead remediation plan
- Internal / External Threat prevention
- Identity Management Solutions
- Keep informed the company executive leadership team on status and risks
- Communicate Security best practices across the enterprise
Governance & Compliance:
- Manage IT Controls Policies for the enterprise
- Schedule Internal auditing plan for IT
- Ensure regulatory compliance across IT platforms covering ITAR, MoD Compliance, GDPR and other applicable laws
- Software License Management auditing and compliance procedures
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Cyber Security or related technical discipline desired or equivalent experience.
• Cyber-Security professional certifications.
• Master’s degree within Information Technology discipline preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive IT leadership experience.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
• Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.