StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for business and general aviation, air transport, military aircraft and industrial gas turbines. We employ the highest quality professionals in locations worldwide and are dedicated to enhancing the ownership and operating experience for every customer. We are in search of qualified candidates who are seeking a career in the aerospace and industrial gas turbine industry!
StandardAero’s Military business supports various customers of many scopes and sizes (from Air Forces with a few aircraft only, up to and including the massiveness of the U.S. military). StandardAero’s Industrial Gas Turbine (Energy) business supports operators world-wide in the oil and gas, marine propulsion, and power generation industries. Both businesses operate in dynamic, international theatres where cross-functional teamwork is key to proposing winning solutions. The Proposal Specialist is essentially quarterbacking the costing and solution development, with the end deliverable being StandardAero’s formal offer to the customer.
The primary role of a Proposal Specialist is to assist the sales team (based in various location across the world) manage customer requirements, develop contracts and proposals, assist in retaining existing customers, grow and develop new customers, analyze market trends, and assist in long term market strategies. This is a high-visibility role with direct exposure to executive management decision makers. Candidates with previous contractual, proposal/quoting, financial, engineering or relevant market experience, and/or background in military and/or industrial gas turbines may be given preference.
The role will be based in either StandardAero’s facility in San Antonio, Texas, USA or Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
• Develop quotes and proposals in support of the Military and Energy sector and sales teams. Coordinate internal resources to reply to official and informal customer requests. Work in partnership with the US-based Business Development group to respond to large Requests For Proposals (RFP’s).
• Prepare financial business case and obtain required internal signoffs.
• Ensure commitments, risks, plans, and strategies, on which proposals are based, are effectively communicated to Operations upon award in a joint effort with sales.
• Understand existing OEM license agreements and ensure compliance within the sales process.
• Perform market research, analysis and reporting in support of Sales Teams.
• Perform special projects as assigned.
• Relevant college diploma or bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years working experience
• Strong planning, organization, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Aerospace, military, and/or turbine product knowledge a plus
• Experience with proposal writing and data research/analysis and data collection
• Bilingual in French or Spanish is considered an asset
We offer an environment for career development and advancement and provide a competitive compensation and benefits program including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision plan, and a company matched pension program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.