The preventative maintenance manager will manage internal and external resources to maintain the facilities and equipment for StandardAero’s San Antonio site. The facility maintenance tasks include HVAC, lighting and other electrical, flooring and the equipment tasks include preventative and reactive maintenance on manual and computer controlled lathes, mills, grinders, balancers, ovens, cleaning lines, and other specialized equipment.
This person will employ project management principles to ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget, and status is communicated regularly to project stakeholders. This person will also be tasked with developing and implementing analytic tools to predict failure, and drive appropriate maintenance principles that minimize business disruption and optimize total cost of ownership including the cost of unavailable facilities and equipment.
The preventative maintenance manager reports to the Facilities Director, is a key member of the Crisis Management Team, and will work within the team to improve the maturity of the site business continuity plan.
* Uses Project Management techniques to Plan,
schedule and coordinates both internal and
external resources in maintenance of company
buildings and grounds within an approved budget
* Ensures that plant facilities (including heating,
ventilating and air conditioning systems) remain
operational. Uses predictive analytics to derive
appropriate maintenance schedules to achieve this
* Ensures that plant equipment remains operational
(including lathes, grinders, CMM machines,
vehicles and cleaning lines).
* Develops systems to monitor facility and
equipment uptime, failure events, and uses
analytics to refine the scheduled maintenance
activities to minimize downtime.
* Perform Make-Buy analysis to determine whether
work should be accomplished internally or by
* Actively participates as a member of the site
leadership team, and assists with generation of the
Annual Operating Plan, and develops appropriate
expense and capital budgets.
* Manages direct reports and exercises authority in
hiring, training, career development, performance
appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion,
discipline, health, safety and the general employee
relations of direct reports.
* Develops and implements schedules and
procedures for safety inspections, ongoing
maintenance and preventative maintenance
* Coordinates the hiring & managing of external
contractors to perform maintenance and repair
* Processes purchase orders for all maintenance
equipment and supplies.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
For approximately the first full six months the successful candidate may be tasked with project management of facility / equipment projects related to the standup of new engine workloads.
* Strong competency in project management.
Certificate (such as PMP) will be viewed
positively, but is not required.
* Thorough knowledge of methods, best practices
and techniques of maintaining buildings and
* Thorough knowledge of industrial equipment,
tools and materials used in building maintenance.
Experience working in an aerospace environment
is a plus.
* Working knowledge of national and local fire,
building, plumbing and electrical codes.
* Working knowledge of equipment maintenance
* Industrial engineering, or related degree (or
equivalent combination of education and
* Strong analytical skills, able to evaluate failure
events in equipment and develop statistical /
probabilistic failure models.
* Good planning, organizational, leadership,
interpersonal, analytical, decision making, oral
and written communication skills.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Access, Outlook).
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.