Performs visual, dimensional, in-process and final inspection on engines, accessories and related components and parts to determine their condition for return to service and verify correct completion in accordance with approved data and customer requirements. Responsible for the certification of products, on behalf of the company, for return to service. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Performs visual and dimensional inspection of products being processed for repair or overhaul to verify their conformance to the approved data and customer requirements.
* Determines and documents the modification status/configuration of products being processed for repair or overhaul to verify compliance to the applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
* Ensures the products to be inspected are sufficiently clean and in acceptable condition to perform the inspections necessary to complete the work instruction.
* Determines the repairability of those products not meeting the applicable requirements.
* Records the inspection results on the appropriate inspection documentation.
* Generates an estimate on the cost of replacement parts and labor necessary to complete the applicable work instructions.
* Generates the applicable documentation for the repair of unserviceable products.
* Inspects and identifies parts in the Reduced to Spares (RTS) process.
* Performs the necessary physical inspection of parts in the Check for Acceptance (C for A) process.
* Supervises detail inspection trainees in the on-the-job training (OJT) process.
Product Quality Inspection:
* Verifies the correct assembly at the in-process assembly stages as described in the applicable inspection plan.
* Performs physical inspection of the assembled product prior to the performance of any functional tests performed to verify safe completion of the product.
* Uses production control systems and generates reports for product documentation files.
* Performs the final inspection of the completed product, includes both a physical and documentation review.
* Confirms the modification status, ensuring compliance to the current requirements.
* Verifies the completion of the work instructions identified on the task control number (TCN).
* Verifies the correct configuration and identification of the end product.
* Reviews historical log records for completeness and accuracy.
* Prepares and completes all applicable release documentation following successful completion of the TCN instructions.
* Validates the certification on behalf of the company.
* Completes and validates non-conformance tag/material review board (NCT/MRB) documentation.
* Ensures compliance to the applicable quality procedures affecting the production process in the cell.
* Assists in troubleshooting technical problems within the cell.
* Supervises Product Quality Inspector trainees in the on-the-job training (OJT) process.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* Knowledgeable in and ability to identify and interpret conditions on products that are the result of service operation.
* Ability to use and interpret publications used in the production process (graphs, charts, schematics, blueprints).
* Working knowledge of the functions and operation of the products being inspected. Proficient in technical writing.
* Knowledgeable in the configuration and assembly of the products processed in the cell.
* Knowledgeable in the assembly methods and techniques used.
* Proficient in dimensional inspection techniques.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements relating to maintenance of aeronautical products.
* Knowledgeable on the documentation completion requirements.
* Knowledgeable in the quality requirements relating to the production process.
* Proficient in decision making to ensure compliance to all customer, regulatory and company requirements.
* Proficient in communication skills.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Experience as an inspector in an aerospace environment.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.