Nature & Scope of Position
This position is considered to be the core business activity within the company and contains a number of different tasks. Most activities in the Shop fall under the broad category of Operations Technician. A fully trained Operations Technician is able to complete to a certain degree, tasks related to the assembly, disassembly, inspection, balancing, airflow and test of a gas turbine engine in accordance with the manufacturer specification and company procedures.
This position is located at our Summerside, PEI facility.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment
• Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulation
• Complete all documents related to the work being performed
• Receive incoming gas turbine engines
• Disassemble engines as required
• Visually inspect (and detail inspect for temporary periods) engine parts
• Perform borescope inspections on engines
• Balance rotating components
• Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies
• Flow test of individual components and assemblies
• Test engines and components
• Prepare engine for dispatch
• Completion of grade 12 or equivalent with some post-secondary education required
• Preference will be given to individuals with education in the aerospace industry
• Minimum of 2 years experience as an Engine Shop Technician, with preference being given to individuals who have work experience on the PT6A, PW100 or JT15D engines
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to use basic hand tools
• Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torquing devices
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements and quality procedures and documentation including process documentation, parts routing procedures, engineering repair instructions, detailed work instructions and non-conformance report system
• Working knowledge of Pratt & Whitney Canada publications and work instructions including overhaul and maintenance manuals, part catalogues and service bulletins
An individual in this capacity must be aware the position will involve:
• A requirement to be physically fit and posses sufficient strength to safely maneuver all parts requiring processing (using available hoists, etc.) without risk of personal injury or damage to the parts
• Must be willing to walk to various areas of the facility throughout the day
Weight Handling: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
Tools and Equipment: PPE required i.e. safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and any other PPR that is required to perform tasks in the area.
Work Conditions and Physical Abilities: Combination of standing, pulling, bending, crouching, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, grasping, sitting, working with computers, operating a forklift and using specialty tools.
Worksite Environment: Working sometimes in an environment that contains humidity, chemicals and odors.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO: