Who we are:
Founded in 1911, StandardAero is an independent global leader in the aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services industry. We proudly employ 6000+ professional, administrative and technical experts, in 38 major facilities around the world.
Our award winning corporate culture is exhibited through our positive and dedicated staff, every day.
Why join us? Why wouldn’t you want to work for us is a better question. Read on to find out what makes us one of the best companies to work for in Winnipeg!
• Competitive total rewards program
• Group benefits and company matched pension
• Quarterly and yearly bonuses, based on company set goals
• Extensive on boarding and training to elevate your potential
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Employee referral program
• Ongoing mentorship and career development opportunities
• ISO 9001 and 14001 certified; Industry leading safe work environment
• Dynamic work environment with fun team building initiatives
• Rewards and recognition for years of service
• Join the respected and recognized global leader, with over 100+ years experience
A day in the life:
- Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, brakes, shears, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, computer numerically controlled and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies.
- Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
- Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
- Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
- Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to win:
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes, metallurgy and heat treating.
- Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, electricity and pneumatics.
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
- Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
- Attainment of trade certification.
We are interested in learning more about you. Apply today to be part of our growing team!
StandardAero thanks all applicants but due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.