SEI AFO is seeking an Investment Accounting Intern to join our fund administration practice as a part of our Indianapolis-based team. As an Investment Accounting Intern, the qualified candidate will provide assistance with fund administration services, accounting functions and back-office processing for the accounting and investment operations of hedge funds, private equity funds, family offices and private banks.
• Assist in performing portfolio and partnership accounting for diverse asset classes and legal structures
• Utilize a proprietary software to setup new investment accounts
• Participate in the preparation of audit and tax data requests
• Review investment performance returns
• Troubleshoot and problem-solve complex accounting issues
• Serve as a relationship manager and make adjustments at the request of clients
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications:
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Emphasis on organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Highly self-motivated
Though it would be ideal if all specific or required skills were met, candidates must demonstrate the ability to learn new skills, a desire to play a role in our rapidly growing organization and general compatibility with the SEI AFO team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.