Improves business processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the design and implementation of highly available wide area network (WAN), local area network (LAN), storage area network (SAN), wireless and voice networking hardware, software and related services to leverage the current and future capital and operational investments for company's two production data centers, disaster recovery data center, and approximately 65 remote locations throughout the state. Manages daily operations of data centers with respect to physical access, equipment placement, power distribution, UPS systems, cooling and cabling. Provides direction for technologies surrounding all internally provided and telephone company based services including Internet, VoIP, MPLS, T-1, GigE, and Metro Ethernet. Works with customers and technology vendors to maximize opportunities to meet business needs. Manages multiple mid-sized to large corporate technology projects (multi-million dollar) including the project management responsibilities for planning, project scheduling, budget development and adherence, organizing, designing, and executive management reporting. Plans and manages all of the day-to-day activities for a staff of network analysts and technicians to ensure corporate goals are met. Formulates infrastructure plans, estimates costs, and ensures projects meet strategic needs. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree is required and ten years of experience in the Information Technology field. Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred. Must be able to operate equipment such as vehicles and forklifts. Must have superior leadership skills that can motivate multidiscipline and multigenerational work teams and facilitate teamwork. Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills enabling creative solutions to business and technical problems. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, human relation, and presentation skills to work effectively with management, clients, team members, and various IT technical personnel.
Extensive experience is required in the following areas:
1) Network - Cisco switching and routing protocols, large data network design and best practices.
2) Core Network - Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS).
3) Voice Communications - Cisco Unified Communications, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Contact Center Express, Cisco UCS Servers, Zoom Call Recording and various analog gateways.
4) Network Protocols - EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, ISDN PRI, VPN, H.323, H.264, SIP and MGCP.
5) Network Monitoring - Cisco Works, What's Up Gold, Kiwi CatTools, Cisco Wireless Control System, MRTG and WireShark.
6) Network Optimization - Citrix Branch Repeater and Quality of Service (QoS).
7) IP Address Management - centralized management of IP addresses, DNS and DHCP with Bluecat Network Proteus and Adonis.
8) SAN - Cisco MDS9500.
9) Wireless - Cisco Wireless LAN Controller.
10) Video Conferencing - Polycom: Video Border Proxy (VBP), Converged Management Application (CMA), Distributed Media Application (DMA), Real Time Media Conferencing (RMX) and Recording and Streaming Server (RSS).
11) IT Security - Apply network, application and operating system hardening recommendations; Implement security best practices for network and applications and their components; Discover, assess, and resolve network and application vulnerabilities and exploits.
12) Advanced knowledge in Data Center design and implementation.
106,870 - 133,580 (min-mid)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.