The SR. Instructional Designer is responsible for design and implementation of training program modules and courseware. Key responsibilities include design and production of learning resources utilizing graphics, audio, video and animation technologies for e-learning.
- Provide curriculum design expertise for the development for computer-based training courses.
- Production of e-learning resources utilizing graphics, audio, video and animation technologies.
- Design and implementation of training materials incorporating interactive training techniques and assessments.
- Manage development process, setting standards for assisting business partners in the design of curriculum, and retooling courses for multiple delivery methods.
- Coordinate activities of subject matter experts.
- Analyze the effectiveness of courses and tailor to improve effectiveness.
- Interact with other departments to develop and maintain knowledge of systems and processes.
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously.
- Manage and communicate with off-site support resources.
- Utilize the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate) model to design curriculum materials.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance, revision, and improvements of existing e-learning courses.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in communications, organizational development, human resources, or a related field.
- 5+ years of related experience in the design, development, implementation, management, and assessment of a learning/organizational development function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design, organizational metrics, learning management systems, and organizational development strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated multiple written and design samples.
- Able to develop and present training presentations to all levels of management and employees.
- Strong project management skills and able to successfully multi-task, set priorities, and meet timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including proven ability to collaborate with teams and individuals at all organizational levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Flash and Storyline articulate.
- Knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) and their role in distribution of eLearning courseware.
About Clean Harbors:
Clean Harbors Inc. (www.cleanharbors.com) is a NYSE listed US based $3.3 billion company. Clean Harbors was founded in 1980 near Boston by Mr. Alan S. McKim, who today remains the company’s Chairman and CEO.
Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. Clean Harbors employs a dedicated workforce of 15,000 employees and has over 450 service locations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Beyond addressing the environmental needs of its more than 300,000 customers, the Company has been on the front lines of addressing some of the largest emergency response events in North America of the past several decades including the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the anthrax attacks in New York, the 2015 avian flu outbreak that devastated the poultry industry, Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Sandy, and the oil pipeline breaks that affected the Yellowstone and Kalamazoo rivers, along with other major chemical releases into the environment.
Clean Harbors India has been strategically established as the Global Capability Center (GCC) to serve our parent company. We take pride in serving some of the most tech savvy business stakeholders at Clean Harbors. The GCC employees form part of our globally integrated teams that provide cutting-edge IT solutions and production support across platforms. Our shared services teams work seamlessly with their global counterparts in providing critical 24x7 support in various functions including Finance, HR, Procurement, IT and Operations. Our aggressive growth plans open significant career advancement opportunities for our employees.
We are operating from Skyview, Hitech City Hyderabad (http://www.theskyview.in/). Clean Harbors has substantially invested in the GCC to support its growth plans. The Company will be celebrating its 41st year in 2021 and is counting on the GCC to be a part of extending that track record of success.