Our facility in Romulus, MI is seeking permanent full time Industrial Field Laborers for the area. This position will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials, in an industrial setting. This is a union position based in the Ford Plant in Deerborn, MI, requiring long hours and up to 7 days per week, (including some weekends and holidays). This is an entry level opportunity! Skill development/training and Paid CDL training provided! Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Company Paid CDL training provided!
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting;
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.;
- Quick and immediate response when on call rotation;
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Previous laborer experience is an asset, and the ability to perform manual labor is required;
- Previous industrial experience preferred (ie. Hydro Blasting, Vacuum Truck, Tank Cleaning, Refinery based work) is an asset;
- Ability to be available for on-call work, including weekends and holidays as business demands require;
- Valid Driver’s license and clean 3 year MVR is required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.