Clean Harbors Chicago, IL, an environmentally friendly solvent recycler, is looking for a Facility Technician to join their safety conscious team! As a Facility Technician, you would be hands on within the warehouse associated with drums, offloading vans, loading vans and completing paperwork for waste tracking movement. This is an entry level position but provides opportunity for growth within the company! We are looking for a reliable individual who doesn’t mind physically intensive work.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs hands on operations such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations and offloading vans;
- Performs drum storage, drum repacks and use of drum scanner;
- Operate a forklift when needed;
- Completes paperwork for waste tracking movement.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 6+ months related work experience preferred;
- Safety minded individual that respects handling chemicals;
- Team player;
- Ability to work Dayshift, Nightshift, Weekends, and Overtime as needed;
- Ability to work in adverse environments (outdoor/Indoor/cold/heat);
- Fork lift Driving experience.
- Accountability and punctuality
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.