The Outbound Sales Representative is responsible for promoting the Company’s products and services and selling those products and services with new and existing customers by telephone & email. The primary focus of the Outbound Sales Representative is to introduce potential customers to Safety-Kleen products and services they may have previously purchased or are now purchasing from a competitor.
- Own and manage a pipeline of expired, new, and existing customer leads organized in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Develop a sales pitch that resonates with customers by showing value of the products being offered.
- Utilize product knowledge and analytical research tools (i.e. Safety-Kleen resource pages, Salesforce.com, etc.) and sales training resources to effectively understand the business needs of new prospects and opportunities.
- Maintain, build, and expand customer relationships via telephone & email.
- Regularly interact and communicate with various internal departments to provide vital information that may be necessary for servicing the customer. This may include advance notification to Branches, increased or decreased product movement, new business, changes in service or other related information.
- Engages cross-functional resources, regardless of geographic location, in order to achieve goal/ meet customer needs.
- Effectively articulates the value proposition associated with Safety-Kleen’s products and services.
- Regularly communicate with assigned accounts regarding new products and services.
- Immediately notify the management team if an existing account is in jeopardy of discontinuing service or issues remain unresolved regardless of reason for the situation.
- Viewed as a trusted environmental waste and New Lube advisor to the customer. Utilizes the knowledge of Safety-Kleen’s environmental waste removal services and Performance Plus Lube products to help customers meet local, state and federal regulatory laws.
- Coordinate with appropriate Branch to meet or exceed the customer’s expectation.
- 2 years of outbound sales experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Sells Consultatively – Ability to use collaborative communication to engage clients in discussions that result in mutual value.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals- strong work ethic and tenacity are key.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and organizational skills - No fear of the phone.
- Excellent keyboarding ability