The VP of Blending and Manufacturing is directly responsible for leading our network of five oil blending and packaging facilities across North America and additional packaging operations located at certain bulk storage terminals. Working cross functionally with supply chain, sales, pricing, engineering, and other shared services, this person will drive operational excellence at the plant level, through the team, and will lead the overall blending and packaging operation. This leader is responsible for making sure the highest levels of business practices are in place and continuously monitors and upgrades operating systems while maintaining full compliance within laws and regulations.
Responsibilities of the VP of Blending and Manufacturing:
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Develop and drive the blending and packaging manufacturing strategy supporting the Safety-Kleen Oil business strategy, while developing and executing the capital plans.
- Provide hands on leadership and management of the blending and packaging operations, while optimizing the production costs YOY.
- Sets, leads, and monitors manufacturing progress against targets and objectives. Take corrective action as necessary.
- Identify and access new opportunities for operational development and recommend appropriate actions.
- Deliver best-in-class operational performance with all products at all sites through standardization, continuous improvement, and sharing of best practices.
- Maintain compliance and minimize company risk in regards to environment and health and safety.
- Build and lead a strong team with high intensity and motivation.
- Train, motivate, and develop management personnel to achieve high moral and efficient use of human resources
- Conduct appropriate annual and semi-annual performance evaluations.
Requirements of the VP of Blending and Manufacturing:
- 15+ years blending manufacturing leadership in oil, lubricants, food and beverage or other consumer or bulk blended commodity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Management, Logistics or Finance
- Strong executive presence, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with organizational resources and customers.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Requires travel up to 50%
Safety-Kleen, a Clean Harbor’s Co., has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK. ™
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.