Ryerson, a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America, serving customers through a network of service centers across the United States, Canada, Mexico and China, is looking for a Sr. Tax Analyst to play a pivotal role within the Corporate Tax Department located in downtown Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Sr. Tax Manager, but will work with all members of the team.
The responsibilities of this position will include activities in the areas of accounting, compliance, controversy and planning associated with corporate taxes such as:
• Performing sales and use tax audits.
• Develop recommendations based on audit results to minimize exposure.
• Act as a lead for Vertex ECM projects.
• Amend sales and use tax returns for tax overpayments.
• Lead research projects to update the company's sales and use tax matrices.
• Lead special projects related to incentives, sales and use tax and property tax.
• Communicate and work with I.T. on system development and implementation projects.
• Prepare monthly use tax and property tax payable account reconciliations for multiple general ledgers.
• Assist with property tax functions.
• Build relationships with personnel at various plant locations, to assist them with sales and use tax issues.
• Mentor staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 5 years Sales and Use Tax experience is required, property tax experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required;
• Experience with Vertex Q, Vertex ECM, and/or Vertex O software is a plus.
• Strong analytical, organizational, technical and technological skills
• Ability to work well with other members of a team and possess excellent communication abilities and intellectual curiosity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.