Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc, one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Service Center Operator A to join our warehouse team in Blytheville, AR. Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsibilities include:
• Load coil on machine, level coil to customer specifications. Able to set up slitter heads; also able to cut sheets and take quality measurements and use computer to make tags and record all information on system.
• Set up and operate equipment to cut material, chamfer, debur, or groove parts as required by processing instruction.
• Maintain required maintenance tasks daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Unloading inbound trucks using forklifts and overhead cranes.
• Review and understand customer tickets
• Locating material as well as verifying the grade, size, and quantity by visually inspecting and physically measuring material.
• Determining and safely operating the proper handling equipment to process each order
• Packaging and tagging material per warehouse/customers instructions
• Willing to perform other jobs as needed based on qualifications
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• 1 - 3 years in a steel or industrial warehouse setting preferred
• Minimum of 1 year previous warehouse operation experience
• Knowledge of and ability to use tape measure, micrometer and caliper a must
• Forklift and/or overhead crane experience
• Computer proficiency
• Detail oriented
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.