The successful candidate must work effectively within a cross-functional team of Product Managers, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Operations, Marketing and Sales personnel with the specific responsibility of guiding product development and commercial launch activities of diagnostic products for hereditary disease decision support.
The individual will be responsible for the following activities:
- Development and implementation of market research, product requirements documentation, product launch plans, sales and customer support materials, and activities required for the development, commercialization and launch of QIAGEN Clinical Insight hereditary portfolio.
- Liaison between global customers, Sales, Product Marketing, R&D, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, and other functional groups.
- Ensure that product requirements for Sample to Insight solutions are developed, documented, and communicated effectively to software product owners.
- Conduct market research, development of product design goals, and coordination and implementation of all aspects of product design, commercialization requirements, and launches to our direct sales organization and distributors.
- Developing and updating Business Cases as related to QIAGEN Clinical Insight portfolio.
- Reviewing and providing marketing input on all product labeling and promotional strategies that are generated to support product launch.
- Support and update the QIAGEN sales organization and distributors with respect to our technology, our products, and any issues they encounter in the field where they need more in depth marketing assistance related to new product(s).
- Providing input on global regulatory proposals and submissions for all QIAGEN Clinical Insight products.
- Development and implementation of product launch plans, sales and customer support materials, and activities required for the commercialization and launch of genetic product(s) and claims.
- Develop in depth market understanding of current and future trends, competitors, scientific publications and clinical data to support QIAGEN Clinical Insight product marketing.
- Leading pre-marketing trials & evaluations to support commercial product launches.
- Managing Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and partner relationships as needed.
- Participation at trade shows and events specifically focused on the clinical NGS market segment, as required.
- Other responsibilities as required and assigned.
- Must have BS in life sciences, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management, and/or sales, preferably in a diagnostic business.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Molecular Diagnostics product management or product marketing.
- Experience IVD product development for hereditary is preferred.
- Experience in marketing and/or sales of these types of products is an asset
- Experience in conducting market analysis and market research, writing marketing plans, establishing product strategies, working with product development teams, forecasting, pricing, and developing marketing and sales support materials and tools for product commercialization.
- Ability to interact and gain cooperation with other internal business units.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to analyze market data.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.