As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will work with a dynamic and hard-working team to help improve the quality of our flagship systems biology products, QCI and services. You must observe and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, testing and risk management process. You will work closely with developers, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases. You will also perform functional black box testing as well as white box and test automation where applicable, develop and maintain the automation framework. This position is full time.
- Develop test automation scripts using Java based automation tools (Selenium, Silk4J, FitNesse, TestNg, etc).
- Develop and/or maintain test harness for GUI (Wed Based and Java based standalone application) and back-end automation.
- Interpret requirements and specifications to develop test plans, test cases and test documentation.
- Conduct functional-level testing including both GUI and back-end tests.
- As an individual contributor, hands-on involvement in all areas of Quality Assurance: processes, test plan and test case creation, bug tracking life cycle, and functional testing.
- Involvement with Agile iterative software development process - test-driven development, continuous integration testing, rapid automation to efficiently build the best industry software.
- Think from a customer perspective, and creatively solve real user problems.
- Make recommendations for QA process, best practices and other implementation according to business goals.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to our automated testing framework.
- Coordinate and lead efforts for cross functional testing and/or integration tasks on a project basis.
- Experience in both white and black box testing, performance/load testing web apps.
- Proficiency with Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Proficiency in automation with Silk4J, WebDriver (Selenium 2), experience with test framework design and its implementation.
- Proficiency in Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with testing web-based and java-based standalone applications.
- Experience developing test plans, designing, implementing, executing and analyzing test cases, writing bug reports, and assessing risk.
- Familiarity with SQL and database design, with version control software like CVS or Subversion.
- Familiarity with defect-tracking software and processes.
- Clear, strong understanding and practice of good software QA methodologies.
- Scripting experience with Perl or Python (optional).
- Experience in test automation using Selenium, Silk4J, TestNG, FitNesse, Sikuli, AutoIt, working experience with SVG, Flash/Flex, JSON and XML objects.
- Experience with multi-tiered web technologies including web servers and application servers.
- 5+ years experience in software testing
- 3+ years experience in test automation
- 1+ years experience in molecular biology research(preferred)