This Field Application Scientist – Pathway Analysis Software position is an exciting role that allows you, as a scientist, to interact with and enable a wide range of researchers across different scientific disciplines using QIAGEN’s bioinformatics analysis software applications and services that provide superior –omics data analysis and biological interpretation.
The Field Application Scientist – Pathway Analysis Software is responsible for delivering scientific software demonstrations for groups of various size, conducting software product trainings, and other activities that convey the value of QIAGEN’s bioinformatics analysis applications and services. These products and services provide gene expression analysis, sequence variant analysis, pathway analysis, microbial metagenomics analysis and many other analysis types.
The scientist will work strategically with sales, marketing, customer support, and R&D teams to present the best solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech, government, hospital/medical, and academic customers and perspective customers.
This is a field-based (home office with travel) role and candidates should be prepared to experience episodic periods of travel up to 60%; however, average yearly levels will be typically be 30-40%. Travel will depend on home office location.
- Become a power user of QIAGEN’s portfolio of bioinformatics software applications and effectively develop and present scientific examples to perspective customers as seminars, workshops, webinars, and at scientific conferences.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships.
- Leverage deep scientific knowledge to identify customer challenges and map them to QIAGEN’s bioinformatics software products and services.
- Deliver scientific workshops on defined case studies to showcase the value and effectiveness of software applications within the context of the prospect or customer’s research.
- Provide scientific presentations and compelling pre-sales product demonstration for potential customers within the context of the customer’s research field and application.
- Using QIAGEN software tools, analyze customer data for presentations or analyze public data for case studies.
- Train and support new customers including delivering product-training seminars on the QIAGEN’s bioinformatics software products and applications.
- Work closely with customers to understand their product requirements, and communicate these requirements to the Marketing and engineering teams for inclusion in future product development activities.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop and nurture key account technical relationships.
- Upgrade and develop demonstration examples and case studies to highlight product features and address specific biological questions.
- Support Marketing activities at targeted events.
- Location: Greater Boston, MA area.
- PhD or equivalent experience in molecular biology or genetics-related field, including wet-lab work, with focus on the biological interpretation of gene expression, sequence variant analysis, or microbial data analysis using analysis software. Post-doctoral is desired, and existing field application scientist work is highly desired.
- Experience with Ingenuity Pathway Analysis, CLC Genomics Workbench, Biomedical Workbench, or OmicSoft software is desired.
- Demonstrated excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills including demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with ability to work as a team.
- Aptitude for understanding and communicating complex computational concepts, applications and algorithms to non-computer savvy biologists.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.