About the Opportunity:
As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with a dynamic and hard-working team to help improve the quality of our products. (IPA, Variant Analysis, QCI and development services) You must observe, lead and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, test planning / automation and risk management process. You will work closely with content development, software development, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases and automation.
- Primary responsibility over product and engineering product quality with a team of engineers using industry standards and best practices.
- Responsibility for overall quality assessment and standards for Bioinformatics Software as a Service product offerings.
- Work closely in a team environment with Engineering and Product Mgt to define test plans and resource allocation in an agile scrum environment.
- Drive efficiency through the development of test automation scripts using java based automation tools and testing solutions (Selenium, Silk4j, TestNG, etc.).
- Utilize strong technical, project management, and people management skills to lead SDLC improvement projects.
- Hire and manage staff, including skill training and career development.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10+ years of QA experience with experience managing QA teams of 25+ engineers.
- Highly experienced in in the areas of Java test automation, Unix and Windows operating systems, Leadership of people/teams.
- Experience in leading QA projects within a team across multiple sites and across multiple time zones.
- Hands-on experience in setting up QA standards for large-scale enterprise software covering front-end UI and back-end APIs, data and system-level integrations.
- Strong background in software / cloud hosted applications, data structures, programming and testing practices.
- Experience in working with product development cycle, technical requirements, and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written skills / strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Both white and black box testing, performance/load testing web apps.
- Object-Oriented programming languages.
- SQL and database design with version control software like CVS or Subversion.
- Selenium, Silk4J, TestNG, FitNesse, Sikuli, AutoIt, working experience with SVG, Flash/Flex, JSON and XML objects.