As a member of the Clinical Genomics product management team, the Medical Genetics Solutions Scientist will provide resident expertise in clinical NGS analysis of inherited conditions. This role will act as a medical and scientific liaison between external stakeholders, including strategic customers and key opinion leaders, and internal stakeholders, including product managers and software product owners.
The Medical Genetics Solutions Scientist will be responsible for providing scientific and medical perspectives on the development of germline mutation analysis workflows in QIAGEN Clinical Insight. Working in collaboration with product managers and software product owners, the Medical Genetics Solutions Scientist will be responsible for developing scientific and clinical requirements of Sample to Insight solutions for hereditary diseases, focused on carrier screening, hereditary cancer, and clinical exome assays.
The Medical Genetics Solutions Scientist will be responsible for vetting these requirements with customers and translating these into product requirements that can be implemented by the product development team. The Medical Genetics Solutions Scientist will also be responsible for promoting QIAGEN solutions, and supporting product marketing.
- MD/DO with ABMGG certification, or PhD in medical genetics, or MSc in genetic counseling with ABGC certification
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in medical genetics clinical environment, or clinical NGS laboratory
- 5 years hands-on experience working with germline variant analysis and clinical reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of mutation detection in NIPT, career screening and/or hereditary cancer assays
- Good understanding of bioinformatics tools for secondary analysis of germline assays
- Good understanding of NGS technologies and platforms, including targeted panels and clinical/whole exome assays
- Excellent command of written and verbal English and comfortable with public speaking
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.