Associate Director, Business Development responsible for corporate, market and business development for QIAGEN’s clinical bioinformatics offering (including software, services, content and data solutions) in the Providers market-customer segment.
In this role, you will engage with select prospective customers and partners to identify unmet needs /challenges and present QIAGEN differentiated solutions to them. You will in parallel identify acquisition, partnership and channel alliance relationships to support our go-to-market, solution offering strategy and revenue plan targets. This position will be on a team responsible for leading QIAGEN’s entry into the broader healthcare IT marketplace and specifically in RWE-RWD based solutions and thus you will have the opportunity to transform QIAGEN through your team and individual based efforts. Your success will be measured on both qualitative and quantitative objectives /metrics. You compensation will be base salary plus bonus incentive where achievement of the bonus incentive will be largely based upon MBOs for the calendar year.
You will offer min. 7 to 10-year experience in sales and min.
- 2 to 3 years in activities related to corporate, market, business or strategic account development in relevant industry, prospect customers and role.
- You will have demonstrated an ability to identify, engage and develop relationships with strategic customers that leads to significant run rate business and high recurring revenue streams.
- You will also have demonstrated an ability to work cross-functionally with marketing, product and support teams to ensure value-add to your customers and partners that results in long term retention of these customers.
- Experience in corporate development, partnership development, in licensing of IP and acquisitions of companies is beneficial but not mandatory.
- The ability to develop a prospect pipeline, manage a sales forecast, manage sales channels (internal QIAGEN or external other) and deliver of corporate, market and business development objectives in parallel is essential.
- You will be able to operate in a mentorship based management structure where you have high degree of delegation and empowerment and must you your business experience and judgement to achieve your objectives – as we will be developing new offerings for new markets.
You will ideally offer a BA in Sciences and preferably Masters in related discipline.
- You will have experience selling NGS and genomics related software, content and services.
- You will understand the basic sample-to-insight workflow for laboratories and the general operating models for pharma, providers and payers.
- You will be able to travel up to 50% of the time and work effectively remotely from your home office or a designated QIAGEN office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.