In this position, you will be responsible managing Ingenuity’s Knowledge Acquisition operations. The role includes both planning and execution functions and requires good understanding of scientific trends, information hubs and information modeling in the bio-medical domain. You will work closely with Ingenuity’s product development teams, content publishers and curators to identify, acquire and curate content across many scientific domains. Because Ingenuity’s biomedical content is the base that all Ingenuity products are built upon, you will have the unique opportunity to significantly impact the success of our products and company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire and supervise the content operations Staff.
- Establish and enforce content quality control processes and best practices.
- Understand and proactively address trends in experimental methodology, publishing and information access that will influence content and curation infrastructure requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the other senior scientific and technical experts to make decisions impacting content acquisition for all Ingenuity products and services.
- Propose and drive implementation of alternatives to existing processes and procedures that will enable individuals, the department, or the organization to perform more effectively and efficiently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of the bio-medical scientific domain.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership.
- Strong leadership skills, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to actively listen, motivate others and foster a team environment.
- Experience integrating public and proprietary information sources into a knowledge architecture at scale – e.g. pharmaceutical chemical or biological informatics.
- Demonstrated competency in information integration, knowledge modeling and ontologies.
- Experience with scientific Natural Language Processing / Text Mining technologies.
- 5+ years in an information oriented function – chem / bio-informatics, scientific application product management, scientific publishing.
- 3+ years of management in an information oriented function.
- Familiarity with general bioinformatics resources (such as NCBI Entrez Gene, PubMed, OMIM)
- Familiarity with ontologies, specifically bio-ontologies (such as GO, MeSH, SnoMed)
- PhD in life-sciences, bio-informatics or related areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.