QIAGEN Bioinformatics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Bioinformatics Scientist/ Senior Bioinformatics Scientist who can contribute his/her own unique perspectives to our collective understanding of genomics and genetics data for biomedical researches. The primary responsibility is to provide professional bioinformatics service, to perform data analysis and to generate biological meaningful results and visualizations to our clients with the deep knowledge of genomics and genetics data from varied disease areas. By collaboratively working with internal research and development team, the successful candidate will integrate acquired knowledge into our efforts to provide great genomics knowledge products to our clients.
- Provide bioinformatics consulting service to our clients.
- Manage both internal and external Bioinformatics research projects.
- Build bioinformatics pipelines and running analysis for both public and private dataset.
- Communicates effectively within team to improve the products and services.
- Host global wise webinar and client meetings with end users.
- PhD degree with at least 2 years of experience in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related fields or 5+ years extensive experience in Bioinformatics with Master degree.
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux/HPC.
- With programming experience in R, C#/Perl/Python/java.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to present scientific data and methods.
- Experience in cancer research and biomedical researches.
- Enjoys working in collaborative team environment.
- Experience in cancer research and drug development is a plus.
- Experience in commercial genomics software, such as OmicSoft, CLC and IPA, is a plus.
- Familiar with public dataset such as TCGA, ICGC, GTEx, CCLE and UK-Biobank.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.