The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across one or more business units at QIAGEN, with a focus on QIAGEN’s Bioinformatics business unit. This includes managing global teams of resources, schedules, and financials, as well as management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The project manager will interface with Commerical Operations, as well as customers where appropriate, to set and manage expectations and deliveries.
In this position, the candidate will manage projects across the Bioinformatics portfolio, including services related to QIAGEN Clinical Insight, CLC, OmicSoft, and IPA product lines (among others).
- Managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that span the Bioinformatics, MDX, Life Sciences, and Commerical Operations business areas
- Full project lifecycle ownership – successful project delivery will encompass everything from helping to draft Statements of Work to ensuring revenue recognition upon delivery
- Report on project success criteria and results
- Procuring adequate resources to achieve project objectives in specified timelines
- Measuring resource usage for post-delivery analysis
- Act as an internal quality control for the projects
- Master of Science, PhD and/or MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in genomics/ bioinformatics highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management. PMP certification preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing complex projects across regions.
- Evidence of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask a variety of assignments and proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent project and network management skills and strong organizational skills
- Excellent external and internal relationship management skills.
- Self-motived with the ability to work independently, able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure that focus on growth and success of the company is achieved.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to manage both large autonomy and team work.
- Willingness to travel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.